First of all, many thanks to the users who provided criticism and ideas to make Recoll go forward ! Please contact me if you have something to suggest.
Recoll borrows heavily from the following projects. I tried to include the relevant copyright attributions with the code. Any omission is unintentional and will be fixed as soon as notified.
- Xapian: The database module (core) is used unmodified, and quite a lot of code has been borrowed from Omega, the web-based search application (ie: the html parser, plus miscellaneous bits and ideas).
- Estraier: Miscellaneous pieces of code and ideas, especially for charset handling, and code from external filters.
- Unac: for accent removal. This package is unmaintained and the (quite modified) code is carried with the Recoll source.
- Iconv, for character set conversion.
- Binc IMAP for MIME parsing code. The original package is unmaintained and the relevant code is carried with the Recoll source.
- The icons mainly come from the Crystal SVG KDE set.
- I fear that bugs found elsewhere are mostly mine: email@example.com